Thursday, January 26, 2012

Homework for 2/2/12

Okay everyone, some great work today. Sadly to report, they only took two of my stitches out. :(

It is time to jump in and put in the time and muscle it takes to master portraiture. Please look at the hand outs I gave you and study the posts. If you'll do an online search for the Loomis book "Drawing Heads and Hands" you'll find a free pdf. I wish I could give you the link, but it has been too long ago since I snatched it. I am posting some images from it and we will look at it next week. If anyone finds the link please share.

For next week in your sketchbook using black, white and the paper, 25 mouths and 25 ears. Try them at different angles, not all straight on. Think about what you are drawing. Repetition builds form understanding and memory.

Please post your last drawing from class. AND...




There will be one more post to follow for your assignment that will be posted for next week. So check back. I need to put some info together for it.
Here is a bit of inspiration for you:


1 comment:

  1. Wait so 25 mouth, 25 eyes, finish the portrait from class...and something else to come?? ...Am I misreading something?

    ReplyDelete